2. The Information we collect
In operating our website, we may collect, hold, store and use the following information about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the content or resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, IP address, operating system, access times, what browser you are using, your browsing behaviour, the domain name of the webpage you visit after leaving our website, and other communication data.
- Contact information (such as your name, address, email address, phone number) that you provide us when filling in forms on our website or when requesting further information from us about the services we and Sherpa Kids franchisees provide, about any commercial opportunity advertised on our website (such as becoming a Sherpa Kids franchisee) or when requesting that we direct or refer you to a Sherpa Kids franchisee.
- Information on the services you might require that we or our Sherpa Kids franchisees provide to/for you.
In operating our business, in addition to the information described above we also collect, hold, store and use:
- Information provided to us when you are provided with services by us or any Sherpa Kids franchisee (or if you provide services to us or any Sherpa Kids franchisee), and when you communicate with us or any Sherpa Kids franchisee for any reason. Such information might include (for example and without limitation):
- Personal contact details (such as name, title, telephone numbers and personal email addresses)
- Date of birth, gender, marital status, and dependants
- Next of kin and emergency contact information
- Personal information about children in our programmes such as name, addresses, date of birth, gender, hobbies and interests
- Photographic proof of identity
- Information provided to us when you provide contractual services to us or any Sherpa Kids franchisee (for example and without limitation any of the above information, employment history details, financial information as deemed necessary to fulfil contractual service provision(s))
In order to fulfil our legal responsibilities as a childcare provider, and in-order to provide our contractual services to customers, then in addition to the information described above we may also collect, hold, store and use information that we deem to be “sensitive”, such as information about a child’s race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, and sexual orientation, information about a child’s physical and mental health (including any medical conditions, health and sickness records, and details of primary healthcare provider), information relating to a prospective employee’s criminal history, information relating to a child’s custodial situation (including any court orders or enforcements).
3. What we use your information for
The information that we (and our Sherpa Kids franchisees) collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we (and our Sherpa Kids franchisees) may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
- When we or any Sherpa Kids franchisee provides our services to you.
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes, and as directed by current legislation.
- Where we are required to make investigative enquiries.
- When dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities.
- To assess our capability to provide our services,
- To review and improve our services, standards, and procedures.
- To ensure the safety and welfare of the children in our care.
- To determine performance requirements.
- For education, training, and development requirements.
- To comply with current health and safety obligations.
- For business management and planning, including audit purposes.
- In connection with monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other IT systems and networks.
- For general administrative and business purposes.
- In connection with the transfer of any part of our business
- Electronic Messages – It is the policy of Sherpa Kids to send our customers electronic messages including but not limited to email and text messages in relation to service utilisation, special events or promotional offers from time to time. If at any point in time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can contact us directly. Customers who have elected not to receive promotional emails, may still receive email communication in direct relation to service utilisation. \
4. Who we disclose it to:
- We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
- Sherpa Kids and Sherpa Kids franchisees will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you, or where we have another legitimate reason in doing so (including for any of those purposes outlined above). Some of your information may be shared with:
- Relevant members of our staff, who need to know this information in-order to provide our services. In this case, only directly relevant information will be shared with certain staff members as appropriate for them to fulfil their obligations to the individual and to Sherpa Kids
- Third parties who deliver our services to you (who may use and disclose your personal information for the same purposes as us), e.g. franchisees, contractors, payment service providers, and system hosting services.
- Professional advisers, for example, law firms, as necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights and obtain advice in connection with the running of our business. Personal data may be shared with these advisers as necessary in connection with the services they have been engaged to provide.
- Parties and agencies involved in data protection and/or crime prevention, detection, investigation and/or prosecution.
- Other parties, when explicitly requested by you in writing.
- Other parties (including for example government agencies) in accordance with our legal obligations under The Children’s Act 38 of 2005 or other relevant legislation.
5. Data Protection, and Requests for Access to and/or Correction of Personal Information we hold
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and we implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. We follow strict security procedures in the storage, use and disclosure of the information you have provided to us, to ensure prevention of unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may require proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you.
Please note that we do not collect any personal information from children under thirteen years of age and that no child under thirteen should submit any personal information to our website or any other Sherpa Kids media platforms. Should we discover that any such personal information has been delivered to our website, we will remove that information as soon as possible. We recommend that parents use software or other tools by which they can ensure that their childrens’ use of the internet reflects their preferences, requirements and the law.
7. Credit Card Security
We do not have a credit card facility. Parent make payments via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) then send their proof of payment to the individual franchisees.
The information we collect, track and share with third parties through cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous (i.e. it does not include personal information which may personally identify you). The information may be used to send advertisements to you in relation to the services we offer via our website and/or third party websites.
The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your use of our website is transmitted to, and stored by, Google on Google’s servers. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on your website activity and internet usage. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You can delete cookies from your website browser at any time and also permit third parties to place or modify cookies on your computer or mobile device on our behalf. The third parties can use these “tracking cookies” (also called “third party cookies”) to see if you have visited certain pages on our website or other websites, and may use them to present targeted advertisements to you as you visit other websites. These tracking cookies do not contain personal information (though they do identify the computer or mobile device you use to visit our website) and you can configure your browser to reject tracking cookies.
Both us and third-party advertisers may use web beacons in connection with our website (and their websites). Some of our website pages may contain web beacons in the form of clear .gif files, which are electronic images that allow for the collection of non-personally identifiable information about your interactions on our website. Web beacons may be used to place advertisements, to understand website traffic patterns and the number of visitors to our website, and to measure the effectiveness of advertisements or email messages.
9. Third party links
We include links to third party websites on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
10. Your consent
By using Sherpa Kids’’ website and providing us with your contact details (for example and without limitation, by entering competitions, by completing enquiry forms on Sherpa Kids’ website, by registering to receive services from Sherpa Kids or any Sherpa Kids franchisee), you agree to receiving electronic promotional communications via email or text message.
11. Accessing and updating your personal information
You can ask Sherpa Kids to access all personal information we hold about you or your children and ask us to correct it if it is wrong. To request any information, we may be holding about you or request a correction, please contact us in writing by speaking to your local Sherpa Kids Franchisee or emailing [email protected]
12. More Information